Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Loretta

Owning a shop can be rewarding in many ways and lately I have been feeling even more blessed.  I would like to share a story about a very special customer.  I met Loretta years ago when I first opened my shop - right away I knew she was a special and strong person (she cares for her daughter that was in a severe car accident) but now I know she is one of the bravest women I have met.  Loretta was diagnosed with melanoma not too long ago and because of a misdiagnoses it has progressed.   Loretta had always talked about a camper she had finished - a place for her to take her daughter (a mini vacation in their own backyard).  She told me about her love of all things shabby chic, vintage and cream!  So obviously we had an instant connection - she had me at camper and cream!! 

Loretta and I have always talked about a day for me to come and look at her camper - life becomes so hectic and time goes by so quickly and we never made arrangements.  Last week I got a call from Loretta letting me know that her cancer is getting the best of her.  I immediately went to see her and her amazing camper.  I wanted to share pictures of her beautiful camper with you...

Yes, this is a camper (you probably can't believe it).
Beautiful drapes, pillows, custom cushions all in cream!!!
Loretta has thought of every detail!

 
Cabinets with crystal knobs!
 
 
What an adorable bar area!  
 I would love to have a drink and lounge in the camper!
 
 
In the bathroom she hand painted this beautiful cheetah pattern in the softest colors!
Vintage luggage and the sweetest vintage dress!
 
 
 
Loretta was sharing so many great stories - we had such a fun time!


 She said she had to have a chandelier (no is complete with out a chandelier) so made this to sit over the existing light - how clever!! 
I love the little crystal details she glued to the top of the camper!


I am loving these boots and hat!!

 
All of the windows have crystal prisms that gave a great twinkle to the space!
I love these elegant lace drapes and of course the dress form is adorable!

 
She made all of these flag pendants that are hung around the camper!


Even her license plate has bling!!

 
She is a member of the Sisters on the Fly! 
I didn't know they had a group - how cute!

 
I absolutely love the cream and beige color of the camper - you never see that!!
This camper was definitely meant for her:)

 
Loretta is such an artistic, talented, caring and amazing person!
My mom and I had a wonderful visit and were truly inspired!!
Xo Traci

 

 




12 comments:

SerendipityRefined said...

Absolutely gorgeous camper and such a brave friend that you have the pleasure of knowing. I can tell that the two of you share a special bond and that she loves white and ivory and lace ALMOST as much as you do!

Thanks for sharing the story of this very special lady and her gorgeous "glamper".

xo

Anonymous said...

I'm nearly speechless.
I've never seen anything so beautiful -- not even Ralph Lauren's Airstreams!
Tell your friend, Loretta, that I think she rocks!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautiful space Loretta created. Sending prayers for her. She is a brave soul, and, very talented.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Traci,
What a great customer and friend. Wow her glamper is amazing. I want one just like it some day. How special and so inviting and full of shabby goodness. Absolutely gorgeous. A real dream glamper for sure.
I am sending out prayers to your beautiful friend that she finds better days ahead. What a special day for you and your mom.
Kris

Unknown said...

As a storeowner myself, the blessing is meeting so many special people along the way. I love Loretta's camper! I will keep her in my prayers. Thank you for your blog, I hope to visit your store someday. Thanks, Susan, Violets Blue, Bay City MI.

Nicole (Bellenza Party Suite) said...

Absolutely gorgeous camper. Really, really beautiful. Loretta looks like a really amazing person. I am touched even just by looking at how much work she had done.

Tonita said...

Loretta, My heartfelt and sincere prayers are for you to be healed. I could not imagine what you are going through. Your creative spirit shines in every tiny detail in that beautiful glamper. Oh my gosh- I have never in my life seen such a beautiful one. You are SO talented with an amazing eye for design. That should be in magazines. Many blessings my dear.
Tonita

trinigirl said...

What a wonderful way to first find a friend and second to create something so brilliant for her.
Beautifully done.

Unknown said...

free christmas desktop wallpaper
christmas baby reindeer coloring pages
christmas sweater pattern clip art

christmas wallpaper hd 1080p
christmas presents coloring pages
christmas light clip art

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful both her & her treasured co its a pleasure to enjoy thus with all of you.Good for you to have full remission.In my thoughts keep head held high.

Katie said...

Absolutely beautiful and charming decor in your camper. My Husband and I downsized to a 5th wheel. I dream of making it over to a romantic, cozy shabby chic home. You inspired me to make my dream a reality. I am a cancer survivor. I am sending love, prayers and light to you.

Mohammed Washik Khan said...

Absolutely pretty and Delightful look in your camper. You inspired me to make my dream a reality. I am sending out my prayers to your beautiful friend that he finds beautiful days ahead. What a special day for you and your mom.