Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walking...

I am so lucky to live in a beautiful, historical area with such gorgeous homes.  When I go for a walk these are the homes I get to look at - it never gets old!!


You know I LOVE ivy!! 
and
I love this front door.

This one is definitely a one-of-a-kind!




These were used when people traveled by horse and carriage, they would use this platform so they could easily step into the carriage. 
Amazing that they are still around!!






What do you think of this one??  I'm seriously considering buying this home.  I've looked at it a couple of times and do really love it.  It is has lots of space for me to decorate, beautiful thick trim, all original thin hardwood floors and it has the most amazing double staircase!!
One of my favorite things about the house is the porte-cochere which has it's original hanging light fixture!
(can't really see it in this picture because it is on the left of the house)

Ella Bean really likes it!

On our walk we always make sure to cross the street so we are NOT walking in front of this house (they have two of these home security systems, which are VERY scary - heh)

I've always wanted to walk in this persons yard to see what it looks like in this great gazebo!
Maybe one day I'll sneak a peek - just afraid they might have one of those home security systems too!


Hope you've been enjoying the beautiful weather!
XO Traci

6 comments:

Mark Norkaitis said...

I think you need to move close to Geneva! Theres a really great huge vintage home on 31 that would make a great bed and breakfast! It would be the first in Geneva!!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for the tour Traci. I love the architecture. I'm currently looking at homes myself.

YONKS said...

Wow - where do you live- it looks amazing!
XOXO

traci said...

wow. those homes are gorgeous. the character in older homes is priceless.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Wonderful old houses you could make anyone of those a charming home with your impeccable style!

xo
Jill

Leti said...

I am so in love with old historic homes! The second house pictured is pretty much my dream house :) I would fully support you buying that one home and would love to help beautify the inside!