Monday, March 24, 2014

Before!

Some of the before pics...
This wall, the below bathroom and the staircase to the basement were all taken out to create a larger kitchen area!!  This picture shows the original wood floors - we put all new wood floors since the wall, stairs and bathroom were moved.
 
This bathroom and these disgusting stairs were taken out to expand the kitchen!
 
This house actually didn't have a kitchen when purchased!  This is where it was designed to go - it was WAY too small!!
 
 
 This was the original dining room but now it will be the main part of the kitchen.
I love the original radiator cover but couldn't make it work to keep it there (they are just for show because it was converted to forced heat/air many years ago).
The stained glass was taken out decades ago - I might put them back in!

Here is a look at the progress...
 
 
They are working on my island this week - I can't wait to see it!
I found this vintage table for sale but I wanted something counter height so it wouldn't work. 
James (the cabinet guy) is going to try to reproduce the table the best that he can but have it function as a counter with barstools.
 
 
Thanks for all of the compliments:) - I had no clue how stressful a remodel could be!!
Xox Traci
 

5 comments:

redbirdv said...

Looks beyond awesome!
I love the hardware on the upper cabs with the glass.
The crowns are magnificent, + I love the gray!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Traci this is heaven. Love seeing what you have done. WOW! Love the color and the arrangement of those wonderful cabinet. I cannot wait to see the whole thing done. Great job. Very pretty.
Kris

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I'm a new follower... just want to say how completely gorgeous your kitchen will be!
~ Lin

Serendipity Refined said...

Even better "in person" than I imagined when we spoke last week! Now I can't wait for my new kitchen! Well done!

Nicole (Bellenza Party Suite) said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished look!